Expert orthopedic and spine care in Citrus County, Florida
When you are experiencing chronic joint pain, choose the Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence at Citrus Memorial.
Our nationally recognized orthopedic and spine care includes a team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons in Citrus Count. They perform advanced surgical procedures and provides innovative treatments to help patients regain their mobility and return to active, independent lives.
To find an orthopedist or orthopedic surgeon in Inverness, Florida, you can contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at (352) 637-3337.
We are often the first choice for treatment of orthopedic and spine conditions because we offer:
- Advanced techniques for surgery: Our experienced spine and orthopedics team uses the latest techniques. This includes minimally invasive surgery for knee and hip replacements and spine conditions.
- Full-service care in one convenient location: Our hospital campus houses all of our services for spine and orthopedic care, including diagnostic imaging, surgical services and rehabilitation services.
- Private, comfortable rooms: Patients staying at the hospital are provided private rooms with a restroom and shower, high-definition TV and plenty of space for visiting friends and family.
- Local, expert physicians and staff: The board-certified specialists at Citrus Memorial Hospital live right in your Inverness, Florida community.
Nationally certified for hip and knee replacement procedures
Our orthopedic center earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for both hip and knee replacement procedures. The Joint Commission, the nation's leading healthcare accreditation agency, gives this certification to facilities showing excellence in treatment and care by meeting exacting standards.
Orthopedic treatments and procedures
We offer comprehensive surgical solutions, including:
- Anterior hip replacement
- Arthroscopic surgery for:
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Cervical and lumbar spine stabilization
- Hip replacement
- Minimally invasive joint reconstruction surgery
- Minimally invasive knee replacement
- Minimally invasive lumbar spine procedures
- Orthopedic and spine trauma
- Partial knee replacement
- Reverse total shoulders
- Shoulder replacement
- Spinal fusion
- Sports injuries
Diagnostic orthopedic services
Diagnostic imaging services are an integral part of caring for our patients with orthopedic conditions. Routine X-rays, computed tomography (CT) scans and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans are all used to diagnose a variety of joint pain conditions. Additionally, a live X-ray imaging tool (called fluoroscopy) is used in the operating room to guide the surgeon during surgery.
Bone density screening
Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) , or bone density screening, measures bone loss. This scan uses enhanced X-rays and small amounts of radiation to measure bone density and mineral content. This screening method is most commonly used to evaluate risk for osteoporosis or bone fractures.
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation team works hand-in-hand with your physician to assess your rehab needs after surgery.
We create individualized programs to optimize your strength, endurance and independence during your recovery in the hospital.
If you require continued rehabilitation beyond your hospitalization, we have a comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation program. In this program, our team of physical therapists can assist you in returning to an active lifestyle. We also offer private, individual treatment sessions with a physical therapist throughout the course of rehabilitative therapy.
Joint Academy Program
At Citrus Memorial Hospital, we are committed to educating our patients about their personal health, treatments and procedures. This is why we offer a class, specifically designed for patients requiring orthopedic surgery. In it, we teach important information about orthopedic surgical procedures and postoperative recovery.
We encourage patients to bring their caregivers to class.
For information about out Joint Academy Program call (352) 560-6351.